Fatigue is a subjective feeling of tiredness which has a gradual onset; it can have physical or mental causes and may significantly affect a person’s ability to perform tasks.
Dehydration occurs when the body loses more fluid than it takes in; minerals in the body become unbalanced, which affects the way that it functions.
The ability of personnel to operate effectively may be affected by physiological stress. This could be caused by:
- The environment and weather conditions
- The task they are undertaking
- Their personal protective equipment
- Their condition prior to being mobilised, including illness and physical condition
Knowledge and understanding
Understand all associated hazard knowledge
- Control measureSafe system of work: Working near water or other liquids
- Control measureReduce exposure to hazards