Hazard Reduced visibility
Visibility at the scene of operations may be reduced due to smoke, weather conditions or lack of light. This may result in:
- Personnel being unable to see hazards
- Personnel being unable to see each other
- Personnel becoming isolated, disorientated or lost
- Incident commanders having difficulty in monitoring personnel
Reduced visibility at night is likely to increase the time taken to complete tasks and may reduce the effectiveness of some activities.
The current and future levels of visibility at the scene of operations should be considered, including the potential impact on members of the public and transport routes.
- Control measureSafe system of work: Reduced visibility