Moving vehicles: Industry
Fire and rescue service personnel, or other responders, could be struck by on-site vehicles, or traffic entering or leaving an industrial site.
Vehicle operators may be unaware of the presence of personnel and may expect people to only use designated walkways. However, in an emergency situation this may not be possible.
Types of on-site vehicles include:
- Forklift trucks
- HGVs, cars, vans, motorbikes or bicycles
- Rolling stock on narrow gauge railways
- Access vehicles, such as scissor lifts or cherry pickers
- Remotely or computer-operated vehicles
Knowledge and understanding
|Moving vehicles: Industry||
Understand all associated hazard knowledge
- Control measureSupervise on-site staff operating machinery in the hazard area
- Control measureControl vehicle movements