Hazard Manual handling: Casualties
When extricating or moving a casualty, personnel may have to employ manual handling techniques.
Depending on the location, position or weight of a casualty, personnel may have to carry out tasks that could result in manual handling injuries. Inappropriate manual handling may cause the condition of the casualty to deteriorate.
The hazards associated with the manual handling of casualties may be amplified by:
- The environment
- The distance to a place of relative safely
- Available resources
- A lack of appropriate equipment
- Delays in medical assistance
- The condition of the casualty
- The level of co-operation of the casualty
Knowledge and understanding
|Manual handling: Casualties||
Understand all associated hazard knowledge